Terms of Work
If you are interested in working with me, please read this page carefully. My terms of work are as follows:
- Unless otherwise discussed, a deposit is required before work starts, with the final amount billed to clients after completion of the job. The deposit amount varies depending on the size of the project.
- Deadlines which are not met due to the client have a 7 day timer. Projects which are not completed in this time due to delays from the client will be subject to a 10% late fee charge of the entire project. This is because my diary is booked in advance and it prevents me from starting other projects for other clients.
- Any meetings which are organized by the client and then missed by the client without prior notice will be subject to a charge of £30/hr.
- All work undertaken includes revisions to a maximum of three times. Any additional work needed will be charged at half the rate for drafts and full rate for additional material which is not part of the original project.
- A late project from myself will be subject to a 10% deduction of the final project cost (although to date, this has never happened)
- Call out charges apply and are non-negotiable. If you require meetings on site, you will be charged expenses for my time. This will apply for every meeting needed. The amount will depend on your location and the length of time I am expected to attend.
- I work with a graphic designer and a proofreader. Graphic design charges are in addition to the writing costs, and if you require edits and proofs only, these charges are also in addition to the writing costs.
- Once a project focus has been agreed with a client, the client is entitled to 3 revisions as mentioned above. A change in direction from the original project focus is NOT part of the revisions and hence will require a re-calculation of the original project fee.
- Clients who scrap projects part way through the process or after the work has been completed must pay the full agreed fee. This is because writing slots are booked in advance and means turning away additional work to complete a project.